OSCE Preparation Course for Internationally Educated Pharmacists
How can Mosaic help?
Internationally trained pharmacists have the necessary technical and academic knowledge to practice pharmacy. However, they may not have sufficient language skills or cultural knowledge to be successful employees in a Canadian pharmacy.
Mosaic Learning Institute offers a Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) Preparation Course for Internationally Educated Pharmacists that introduces participants to the information, procedures, language, systems and procedural etiquette required to be successful in moving through all the required steps with minimal stress, frustration and miscommunication.
What is the course about?
There is a need for Pharmacy Preparation courses that not only address skills training but also involve language and cultural competency. Our online OSCE Preparation Course incorporates the following elements:
- Orientation to the two step evaluation process. Participants will be assisted with the process of document evaluation that is a prerequisite to writing the three evaluating exams.
- Language support for technical skills and knowledge required to prepare for the Qualifying Exam Part I (MCQ) and QE – II (OSCE – Objective Structured Clinical Exam)
- Language and cultural competency preparation for the OSCE exam.
- Language and cultural competency preparation for practicum placements.
- Mosaic’s program is based on an integrated skills delivery model that integrates language and cultural components into pharmacy preparation material.
How does the online course model work?
Our online OSCE Preparation Course combines a variety of individual and group activities progressing through a range of preparatory elements:
- The Orientation and Resources unit covers accreditation, employment searches, and a cultural component involving job shadowing, workshop expectations, and the changing scope of pharmaceutical practice in Canada.
- The Technical Review Component covers language and study strategies in addition to technical review exam preparations.
- OSCE Preparation covers a total of 14 case studies to help learners meet and understand language, social, and pharmaceutical practice objectives by demonstrating cultural and Essential Skills competencies.
- Internship Preparation involves an orientation, weekly progress reporting, and a debriefing and results analysis.Follow-up activities will include participant tracking to assess completing the OSCE successfully; obtaining internship, licence, and employment; and maintaining employment and certification.
How do I qualify for this course?
Ongoing continuous intakes will allow participants to start this component if and when needed, as well as attend the workshops that are needed. A personal interview prior to the start of this component will determine where the participant needs to start.
The orientation component will assist foreign trained professionals with the two step evaluation process. Participants will be assisted with the process of document evaluation that is a prerequisite to writing the three exams. Individual counselling is also available to help individuals throughout the application process.
When can I start?
We’re looking forward to rolling out our online OSCE course very soon. Pre-register now for your online OSCE experience here.